365 Days of Grief & Healing
Bosma-Renkes Funeral Homes was formed January 1, 1987 by the merging of two long established firms in Morrison and Fulton. Bosma Funeral Home was established in Fulton, in 1963, when G. James Bosma purchased the Sikkema Funeral Home, which had been established for many years. Within 10 years of acquiring the funeral home, Jim made plans to invest in an entirely new facility for his services. The Fulton Chapel on 10th Avenue was the result. In 1979, James D. Bosma joined his father in the firm and they acquired the Tomlinson Funeral Home in Morrison, which became the Bosma Funeral Home, Morrison Chapel.
Ray Reynolds founded Reynolds Funeral Home in 1895 along with W.R. Smith. In 1931, his son-in-law, Roy Hammer, took over the business. Shortly thereafter, Abe Renkes joined the firm and in 1948 purchased it from Mr. Hammer. He established the firm on Genesee Street, which was its location at the time of the merger. Phil Renkes joined his father in 1964. When he purchased the firm from his father in 1972, the name was changed to Renkes-Reynolds Funeral Home.
On January 1, 1987, the two firms joined to continue to offer greater value in the services that families have come to expect. Shortly thereafter, the Lincolnway Chapel was enlarged and the Genesee Street Chapel was closed in order to streamline and make the operation more efficient. In October of 1994, the adjacent lot to the west of the Morrison Chapel was purchased to develop a spacious parking lot.
Throughout its history, the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Homes have demonstrated a continuous advancement of services. In addition, we have a continuing commitment to continue to improve our facilities.